Jeremy Scahill and Murtaza Hussain
Feb 18, 2026
A former senior U.S. intelligence official who is an informal advisor to the Trump administration on Middle East policy told Drop Site that, based on his discussions with current officials, he assesses an 80-90% likelihood of U.S. strikes within weeks.
Iran realizes that it is facing an unprecedented threat from the U.S. if a deal that conforms with Trump’s terms is not reached, former Pentagon official Jasmine El-Gamal told Drop Site. “This is not a dress rehearsal,” she said. “This is it. This is not the negotiations of last year or the year before or the year before that. They’re backed into a corner. There’s no off ramp.”



Well I don’t really expect you to answer the question why they would be enriching to 60 anymore, but could you give a source on your claim that “this would be permitted by the NPT agreement”?
My guess is that that’s a big fat lie
Here the treaty in question to get you started
edit: here’s the IAEA resolution explicitly stating that Iran was in breach of the NPT safeguards agreement. I’m really interested in your sources that refute this
That resolution refers to the requirements set by the 2019 agreement after the Trump unilaterally tore up the previous, multilateral agreement. America does not get to dictate what other states are allowed to do.
Yeah but can you back up your claim that Iran was permitted 60% ‘under the NPT’?
It seems you’re sidestepping because you’ve been caught in a lie